Sunday 15 February 2015

Scrap Yarn Baby Blanket

I would like to share a little bit about my current WIP. I wanted to make a baby blanket, but because I have so many random odd colours of yarn in my stash, I knew I would not enough yarn in any one colour to make a whole blanket, but I wanted to use what I already had.

I was really keen on doing another patchwork blanket, so just had to decided what colours to use. I found this fantastic colour combination chart on Pintrest:
Be Sweet Yarns

I really liked the 'Underwater' combination, and since the blanket is for a baby boy, I thought the blue shades were very fitting. I looked through my stash and found some similar colours that I thought would really compliment each other:

Baby Blue  turquoise  Ocean Blue  Navy Blue  Pale Blue Charcoal
        Baby Blue                       Turquoise                     Ocean Blue                     Navy Blue                          Pale Blue                        Charcoal

These photos don't do the yarn colours justice, but gives you an idea of the colour palette I was working with.

I don't want to give away too much more of what I have been doing, because I'm sort of making it up as I go, but I am really pleased with how the colours are looking together.

I also think I will use this colour chart again for inspiration for future projects where I want to use up some of my stashed yarns.


1 comment:

  1. It is a great colour combo and one I would love to use as well. I am curious about what it will look like when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete