Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Decorations



As it's that special time of year, I wanted to make a collection of small Christmassy decorations to make as gifts. There are so many out there but I chose my favourites and now want to share with you the results:



Knitted Santa Hat
 I loved this idea of making a little wooly hat for your bottles, but being Christmas, I had to use white and red to make it a santa hat! It's a bit 'fiddly' to make because it's such a small size to knit in the round, but it's pretty straight forward.

Find the pattern here.

I decreased the stitches a lot quicker than the pattern suggests because I wanted it to look more Santa-ry.


Knitted Santa HatKnitted Santa Hat




Snowman

Crochet Snowman
This cute little crochet snowman was pretty easy to make and the pattern was simple to follow.

I added a tiny pom-pom on the top of the snowmans hat and sewed on his eyes rather than using beads.

Find the pattern here.
Crochet SnowmanCrochet Snowman




Rudolph

Crochet Rudolph
I wasn't sure how well this one would turn out as I have never tried amigurumi before, and although it isn't perfect, I am pretty please with the results!

Find the pattern here.

The only alteration I made was sewing the eyes on rather than using beads.


Crochet RudolphCrochet Rudolph




Jandal

Crochet Jandal
Ok so a Jandal isn't traditionally Christmas related, but it is definitely part of a Kiwi Christmas, so it made my list!

Find the pattern here.

The pattern suggests putting a keyring on the loop, but I left it open so it can be hung on the tree.

Crochet JandalCrochet Jandal


Stocking

Crochet Stocking
I found a Christmas Wreath design which had present boxes, stockings and santas on, so I decided to knit just the stockings. I used a cute red/hot pink with a shiny thread running through it. I found the instructions a little confusing, but it turned out generally ok!

Pattern found here.

The only change I made was to add a loop to hang the stocking on the tree.


Crochet StockingCrochet Stocking



Owl

Crochet OwlThis one isn't really Christmas related, and wasn't a part of the above set, but it is my personal favourite! You can chose whatever colour you want. It was a really simple pattern to follow and came together really quick.

Pattern found here.

The only thing I changed was using buttons instead of beads for the eyes. I also did the entire back piece in dark brown.

Crochet OwlCrochet Owl

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! They'll make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they were hung on the recipients tree with pride! :-)

      Delete