Sunday 9 November 2014

KnitPro Review

Sorry I didn't post last week, I've been on a really great family holiday.

So last month I posted about my new KnitPro Needles & Hooks I've now had a chance to try them out, and I have to say, I am very impressed!!

KnitPro Nova Cubics Interchangeable Needle Deluxe Set, Shiny Brass


I love these needles; they are square (or 'cubic') rather than round which I thought may be a little odd, but it actually feels really comfortable to hold and gives good grip. The brass feels really strong but also very lightweight in your hand. The smooth surface means that the yarn glides on the needles, and the join of the needle to the cable is seamless, so the yarn doesn't catch at all, which is a problem I have had with other cable needles.





I like the neat packaging and the smart look of the set, and I know it isn't exclusive to KnitPro, but the whole idea of interchangeable cables is great. The different length cables and needle sizes make these suitable for such a wide range of projects, and I can replace a whole bunch of odd needles I've collected over time with this one set.

I particularly love the stoppers you can put on the end of the cables, which was particularly useful for me while I was on holiday; I could just throw my work back in my bag without worrying about losing stitches. The needles are easy to take on and off, and the little pin ensures they are screwed on tightly so they don't come loose.





KnitPro Waves Aluminium Crochet Hook, Set of 9, Pink


I do way more knitting than crocheting at the moment, so it was never my intention to buy a full set of hooks at this stage, but this set was so pretty I could not resist. I love the casing because pink is my favourite colour, but I also love all the fun bright coloured hooks.




Aside from the appearance of this set, the hooks all feel really strong and durable. The rubber handle is new to me as I have not used hooks like this before, I was really impressed with how comfortable it was in my hand and the extra grip it gave me.


Overall I would highly recommend both of these sets to either beginners who want a ready-to-go kit, or to more experienced knitters/crocheters who want to update their needle/hook collection to these uniform sets.

KnitPro has loads of other sets available, varying in material, styles and budget, so go check them out. The cheapest place I found the above sets available was Amazon UK, the NZ supplier is Trendy Trims and they have suppliers for all available countries on their webpage:  http://www.knitpro.eu/

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen these kind of stoppers on circs before, so clever! And it is a big must that the needle cable join is seemless, it annoys me endlessly if that isn't the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in June I knitted a poncho, which is my biggest project yet, and the needles I used were very catchy at the cable join and it was so frustrating, so that in particular is one of the biggest highlights for me! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I want to try those needles next. While. I have some Novas and some Cubics, I do not have Nova Cubics. I think they'd combine the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete