Sunday 12 October 2014

Untwisting a Skein of Yarn



If you had asked me a week ago if I would have needed to watch a tutorial explaining how to untwist a skein of yarn, I probably would have laughed, but now I will never underestimate just how tangled these kinds of skeins can get if not 'un-twisted' correctly! I spent about four hours unravelling a big messy knot of sequinned mess to get just one skein neatly rolled into a useable ball.


Once I realised there must be an art to unravelling them without making a giant knot, I searched YouTube to see if there was such a thing as an 'untwisting how-to'... Luckily for me there are tutorials out there and this meant that my second and third skein were transformed into balls within a matter of minutes.

This is not my video, just one I found on YouTube, skip to about 1:50 for the demo to start:



No comments:

Post a Comment