Monday 18 August 2014

Rectangle Granny Patchwork

Granny Rectangle

I decided it was time to add some crochet to my patchwork blanket. I searched for a very straight forward design and found this pattern: Rectangle Granny; to start with I found the pattern very easy to follow, but then I got a little lost as I am still not well practiced in reading crochet patterns. So I searched YouTube for a video tutorial, and found this: Rectangle Granny Method 1 which seemed to use the very same pattern.

yarn and hookOnce I got the hang of the method this was really easy to do without following the pattern, and you can actually just keep going to make the piece as big or as small as you like. I did four rounds.

I decided I wanted to incorporate some blue into the patch, so chose dark blue, light blue and cream coloured yarn, and used a 4.5mm hook.

I am going to add this square into the top corner of my blanket.


If you want to see the patterns for my other patches, please click here.



2 comments:

  1. good idea, including crochet in the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've added a second one now, will share soon :-)

    ReplyDelete